InstaSelect (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the www.instaselect.com website (the “Service”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
InstaSelect.com’s business is based around the reader’s trust. We want to be transparent in what we do and how we earn money through this website.
We earn money on InstaSelect.com though:
- Affiliate Commissions
- Advertising Partnerships
We participate in affiliate programs, including (but not limited to) Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn commissions by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. All of the products for which we receive affiliate commissions are ones that we believe in, and in many cases, have used ourselves.
In the case of advertising partnerships, we only agree to a partnership if we believe in the product and the company itself.
We will display disclaimers on all sponsored content. We may also include, in certain areas, more explanation defining sponsored content to readers. In addition, we will ensure the treatment and design of advertising and sponsored content are clearly separate from our editorial content.
We may reject or remove any sponsored content at any time that contains false, deceptive, potentially misleading, or illegal content; or is inconsistent with or may tend to bring disparagement, harm to reputation, or other damage to the InstaSelect brand and its websites.
NO RENDERING OF ADVICE. Everything on this Site is provided for informational purposes. Our content is based on research from books, websites, and our own experience. We make reasonable efforts to make sure the information presented is accurate and up to date. Still, We do not warrant that any of that information is correct, complete, reliable, error-free, or current. We assume no responsibility for any errors or omissions in any content presented on this Site or any other platform we upload content to or any links to any other web resources in any of our content.
Everything you try for yourself should be contingent upon your research and good judgment. If you’re thinking about making a significant change due to content posted here, consider asking a professional’s advice first.
The materials on our Site are provided “as is.” We make no warranties, expressed or implied, and as a result of this disclaim and negate all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, we do not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on our Site or otherwise relating to such materials or on sites linked to this Site and others we own.
In no event shall InstaSelect.com or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on the Site, even if InstaSelect.com authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on the Site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license, you may not:
- modify or copy the materials;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on the Site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any different server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may also be terminated by InstaSelect.com at any time. Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession, whether in electronic or printed format.
Product names, logos, brands, and other trademarks featured or referred to within InstaSelect.com websites and products are the property of their respective trademark holders. These trademark holders are not affiliated with InstaSelect.com, our products, or our sites.
The materials contained in this Site are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on InstaSelect.com websites could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. InstaSelect.com does not warrant that any of the materials on its websites are accurate, complete, or current. InstaSelect.com may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. InstaSelect.com does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
InstaSelect.com has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement of the site by InstaSelect.com. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
InstaSelect.com may revise these terms for the Site at any time without notice. By using this Site, you agree to be bound by the then current version of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
Cookie & Usage Data
We may collect information about how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g., IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with a small amount of data, which may include a unique anonymous identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
There are different types of cookies:
- Persistent cookies remain on a user’s device for a set period of time specified in the cookie. They have activated each time that the user visits the website that created that particular cookie.
- Session cookies are temporary. They allow website operators to link the actions of a user during a browser session. A browser session starts when a user opens the browser window and finishes when they close the browser window. Once you close the browser, all session cookies are deleted.
- Performance cookies collect data for statistical purposes on how visitors use a website; they don’t contain personal information such as names and email addresses and are used to improve your user experience of a website.
How do I control my cookies?
You should be aware that any preferences will be lost if you delete all cookies and many websites will not work properly or you will lose some functionality. We do not recommend turning cookies off when using our website for these reasons.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but you can alter the settings of your browser to erase cookies or prevent automatic acceptance if you prefer. Generally, you have the option to see what cookies you’ve got and delete them individually, block third-party cookies or cookies from particular sites, accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is issued or reject all cookies. Visit the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu on your browser to change settings, and check the following links for more browser-specific information.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Google Chrome
- Cookie settings in Apple Safari
It is possible to opt out of having your anonymized browsing activity within websites recorded by performance cookies.
Google Analytics — https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
We have also set out links below to Google AdSense who set cookies on our websites, and therefore on your computer, with instructions on how to opt-out of their cookies.
Google AdSense — https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated
1. User Consent
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data We Collect
- We collect and store the information you provide to us through your site’s use, including:
- We may collect information from you, such as your first name, last name, and email address when you sign up to receive our emails and downloadable files.
- We may collect information from you, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, password, and other profile information when you create an account to log in to our platforms (an “Account”). We may also retain information on your behalf, such as files that you store using your Account.
- We may collect your email address if you choose to provide us with it in an application or connection with our products’ use.
- We may collect information from you, such as your first and last name, email, mailing address, and reservation information, when you submit a product reservation.
- When you order our product(s), we (and/or our third-party payment processors) will collect all information necessary to complete the transaction, including your name, credit card information, billing information, and shipping information.
- If you provide us feedback or contact us via email, we will collect your name and email address and any other content included in the email to send you a reply.
- When you participate in one of our surveys, we may collect additional profile information.
- When you make postings on the message boards of our Site, the information contained in your posting will be stored on our servers, and other users will be able to see it.
- Information Collected Automatically via Technology
- To make our Site more useful to you, we may automatically collect information from you as you browse our Site, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, referring URL, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
- You may opt into tracking using cookies via the banner presented on the Site on your first visit. Declining cookies will not affect the functionality of the Site for you.
- Collected Information Retention Period
- Personal information will be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose for which it has been collected.
- Personal information collected for the purposes of InstaSelect.com’s legitimate interests, as outlined in this policy, shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes.
- We may be allowed to retain your personal information for a more extended period whenever you have given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, we may be obliged to retain your personal information for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
- Once the retention period expires, your personal information will be deleted. The right to withdraw consent to data collection cannot be enforced after the expiration of the retention period.
- Third-Party Data Collection
- Third parties that provide us with analytics or other services for the Site may also automatically collect some of the information described above, including, for example, IP address, access times, browser type and language, pages and products viewed, device type, device identifiers, and Wi-Fi information. Please consult individual applications’ or products’ privacy policies for more details on data collection, use, and sharing.
- Subject to subsection (b) above, other third parties, including advertisers, ad measurement services, and ad networks, may also automatically collect information about you through the Site, including information about your online activities over time and across different websites, devices, online channels, and applications when you use our services. These third parties may use web beacons or cookies on our Site.
- Some third parties, such as Google, may also collect information for online advertising purposes and provide us with statistics about users of the Site.
- Third-Party Services in Use
- Interaction with external social networks and platforms
- Remarketing and behavioral targeting
- Facebook Remarketing
- Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Tag Management
- Google Tag Manager
- Personal Data: Cookies and Usage Data
- Google AdSense
If you wish not to have this information used to serve you targeted ads on third-party websites, you may opt-out as indicated below. Please note this does not necessarily opt you out of being delivered advertising. You may continue to receive generic ads. You may opt-out of the DoubleClick cookie by visiting the Google advertising opt-out page, or you may opt-out of Google Analytics by visiting the Google Analytics opt-out page. Google has additional information available about their Remarketing Privacy Guidelines and Restrictions. You may view a list of other third-party service providers who collect information, and/or opt-out of such collection of information about you, by visiting http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ or https://youradchoices.com.
2. Use of Your Data
We may use your information to:
- operate and improve our Site, internal operations, and systems;
- provide services you request and services that are relevant to you;
- improve the quality of experience when you interact with our Site;
- understand you and your preferences to enhance your experience and enjoyment using our Site;
- derive information about the demographics that use our Site;
- respond to your comments and questions and to provide customer service;
- protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity;
- respond to your inquiries related to employment opportunities or other requests;
- send newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials related to our Site and for other marketing purposes if you have provided an email to us for this purpose.
Creation of De-Identified Data.
We may also create de-identified or aggregated data records from personal information by excluding or changing information that makes the information personally identifiable to you. We use this data for a variety of purposes, such as to analyze request and usage patterns so that we may enhance the content of our Site and improve Site functionality.
3. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
- Consent. We may share your personal information with your consent or, if required by law, with appropriate notice to and consent of your parent or guardian, if applicable.
- Third-party Service Providers. We may share your personal information with third-party service providers who need access to your information to do work for us, such as to host our Site on third-party servers; to conduct quality assurance testing and data analytics on our Site; and to provide technical support and crash analytics for the same.
We may also share aggregated, de-identified, or statistical information with third parties in compliance with applicable local laws.
4. Your Choices Regarding Your Information
You have several choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your information on our Site.
- Marketing emails. If you provide an email through your use of the Site, we may periodically send you newsletters and emails. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the email you receive or by contacting us directly (please see contact information below).
- Cookies. You have certain choices about the use of the cookie technologies described above. Many web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies.
- Accessing or Deleting Your Personal Information. You may request access to or deletion of your child’s or your personal information, if applicable, by contacting us through the contact information below.
5. Security of Your Information
InstaSelect.com is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
6. Your Rights as a User
- You may exercise certain rights regarding the storage and use of your personal information.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time. You have the right to withdraw consent where you have previously given you consent to the processing of your personal information.
- You may have your personal information deleted or otherwise removed. You have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain from InstaSelect.com the erasure of your data.
- You may lodge a complaint. You have the right to bring a claim before your competent supervisory authority, subject to applicable law.
Any requests to exercise your rights can be directed to InstaSelect.com through the contact details provided below. These requests can be exercised free of charge and addressed by us as early as possible and always within one month.
7. Contact Information
9. Your Consent
Questions? Comments? Concerns? We’re here to help. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll set your mind at ease.
Last Updated: July 28, 2020